More about our Illinois Deer Hunts
As an Illinois Deer Hunting Outfitter located along the Ohio River corridor, we are given the opportunity to draw in the elusive Illinois river bottom bucks that travel the Ohio and its major tributaries. These bucks can travel for miles along the river during the Illinois whitetail rut and end up on our farms where they find an abundance of food, cover, and low hunting pressure. Our farms have designated deer sanctuaries that we only go in to retrieve buck kills, no doe hunting is allowed in the vicinity of the sanctuaries. This gives bucks a safe haven where they can bed down without any human intrusion. The sanctuaries are the key to holding mature deer on our farms. Many of our farms have large creeks from the Ohio running through the properties. These creeks act as natural travel routes and during the rut these monster Illinois bucks are cruising these travel corridors at all times of the day looking for that hot doe, so hunting at noon can be just as productive as early morning or late evening hunts.
There will be a brief orientation on Illinois Hunting Rules and Regulations on the evening before you begin your hunt. If you are not familiar on what a 130" deer looks like, we have a few 130" mounts that you can familiarize yourself with. After the hunt guides will field dress, weigh, and provide trophy care for your deer. Local processors may take up to 3 weeks to process your deer and the expense is too high for shipping. We will quarter your deer and place it in our freezers, at the end of your hunt you can take it home to your favorite processor. Our guides work hard to give clients a safe, challenging, yet rewarding hunt. Hunter numbers are limited to ensure clients a Quality Hunting Experience. Give Wade a call at (618) 201-6905 to discuss your next Illinois Deer Hunt.
Our stands consist of Big Game, Gorilla, and Rivers Edge lock-ons that are hung 18 ft. high with a 20 ft. climbing stick. The lock-on stands are preferred mainly by bow hunting clients. There are also several dozen Big Game 17' ladder stands that are preferred by both archery and firearm clients. Hunters must wear a safety harness at all times while in the stand. If tree stand hunting is not the thing for you there are several pop up ground blinds that have been strategically placed for maximum shot opportunities. Archery hunts are 5-Day hunting packages that include, Guides, Meals, Lodging, Pre-Hung Stands, and Trophy Care. You can also choose to hunt more or less days if you wish, just let us know when you inquire about your deer hunt. Firearm hunts consist of a 3-day 1st Season hunt which falls during the peak rut phase, and two late season gun hunts in December.
Illinois Deer Hunting Information
Non- Resident Firearm: Illinois Firearm Deer Permits will be available each year starting June 1st. The cost of the permit is $300.00 You will also need a Non-Resident Hunting License ($50.75) and an Electronic Habitat Stamp. All 3 of these items are sold on the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) website. Cost of permits, license, and Habitat Stamp are not included in the hunt. Illinois does not have a lottery system. Permits are by county only and last year our county did not sell out of firearm permits, so getting a permit will not be a problem. Hunters born after January 1, 1980 must have completed a hunters safety course in their home state in order to apply for a permit.
Non- Resident Archery: Illinois Archery Deer Permits (crossbows and bows) go on sale each year starting June 1st. The cost of the permit is $411.00 You will also need a Non-Resident Hunting License ($50.75) and an Electronic Habitat Stamp. All 3 of these items are sold on the Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) website. Cost of permits, license, and Habitat Stamp are not included in the hunt. Illinois Archery Permits will be available over the counter in September, so getting a permit will not be a problem. Hunters born after January 1, 1980 must have completed a hunters safety course in their home state in order to apply for a permit.
Reservations / Payment Information:
We require a deposit of 1/3 the total hunt price within 10 days of making your reservations. Another 1/3 payment is due on or before June 1st. The remaining balance is due 30 days before your arrival.
There will be no refunds for cancellations after February 1st. However, hunters canceling will be able to carry their deposits over to another date based on availability or may substitute another hunter in their place.
Rules and Regulations:
- Hunters must follow Illinois Department of Natural Resources Guidelines and Regulations as well as Federal Game Laws at ALL times. Failure to do so may result in removal from the property without a refund of money.
- Any remaining balances will be due upon arrival in camp before hunting begins.
- There are no guarantees on harvesting a buck. This is a hunt on free ranging whitetails.
- Hunters will be given an orientation on hunting rules and liability waivers to sign.
- Firearm Hunters must wear at least 400 square inches of solid blaze orange. Must have at least a blaze orange hat and vest.
- There will be a $500 fine for shooting bucks under 130" Pope & Young. No Exceptions. A $250 fine will be imposed on any button bucks shot.
- A wounded deer will be considered a dead deer and we will look for your deer for the remainder of the hunt. You may still fill your doe tag if you have one.
- Getting down from tree stands and walking around is prohibited. You are only bumping deer in their beds if you get down and try to scout around.
- We do not drive deer. All hunts are fair chase on free ranging whitetails. NO FENCES HERE!!
- We encourage the harvesting of doe. Doe permits are available over the counter in Illinois. You may harvest doe on your hunt - however the skinning and processing is your responsibility. We have freezer bags and several deep freezers to store your meat. All you need is your favorite deer hunting knife and a cooler.
- If you have any questions feel free to give Wade Gibbons a call at (618) 201-6905 he will be glad to talk with you about your next Illinois Deer Hunt.
- Hunters are responsible for Permit, License, and Habitat Stamp. You will need these 3 items to be legal to hunt in Illinois.
-For complete State of Illinois Rules and Regulations for Illinois Deer Hunting and Turkey Hunting click HERE